The National Zakat Foundation is looking to hire a passionate, caring and organized Arabic speaking case worker to assist primarily with refugee applicants.
Requirements/Details about the position:
- Must be able to work in Central NZF Office (Mississauga)
- Must be fluent in Arabic and English. Other languages are an asset.
- Between 20 – 30 hours a week
- Pay is between $12 – 14/Hour depending on experience and qualifications
Arabic Speaking Case Worker
- Pre-screening of applications and case work (training will be provided)
- Verify completion of applications and supporting documents are provided
- Contact applicants by phone and email and provide support in completing applications and obtaining necessary supporting documentation
- Report to Distribution Manager
- Review applicant background information and conduct interviews to obtain case history and prepare intake reports – thorough analysis of documents and application form
- Computer literacy with MS Office applications (Word, Excel) and Google Apps
- Able to read and speak Arabic
- Good communication skills (written and oral)
- Flexible with time commitment
- Basic knowledge of Zakat
- Completion or in process of a college or university program in social work, psychology, or health-related discipline is an asset
- Previous work or volunteer experience in a social service environment is an asset
To apply, please forward a resume to [email protected]. Please include the exact job title in the subject line of your e-mail. Deadline is Friday, August 26th at 11:59pm EST.